Hooray we decided to go camping at our favourite place Craigleith Provincial park just outside of Thornbury. We took our new Ford F150 pickup truck Brutus. It was so nice driving the new truck compared to our old Jeep it wasn’t even like we were pulling a trailer at all it’s so powerful and not that bad on gas. Once we arrived here and were all set up we went for our usual pint at the Dam pub in Thornbury, so nice and relaxing great people, great pints. The weather is supposed to be super nice all weekend so we’ll probably get some kayaking, some hiking and some bike riding in.
We are currently making a great vegetable stir fry barbecue medley, full of great fresh vegetables with potatoes all thrown in a BBQ basket and slow cooked yummy! When camping, cooking should be done on an open fire or BBQ for simplicity and ease!
Life is about having fun and doing what you like! Yah for swings.
- 6 medium red potatoes quartered
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ jalapeño pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce vegan
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Place potatoes in a pan of water, bring to a boil and then turn down heat to simmer the potatoes for 15 minutes. You will continue to cook potatoes on BBQ with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl place oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, chili pepper, jalapeño and paprika mix together.
- In another bowl place all prepared vegetables and par- boiled potatoes pour the marinate over the vegetables and toss so all the vegetables are coated. Let sit for at least 20 minutes before BBQing.
- Place vegetables in a BBQ basket or tray. BBQ until vegetables and potatoes are tender. About 30-40 minutes.