What’s everyone up to on this Monday? Philip had an extra vacation day so we spent it looking at trucks! We really do want a Ford F-150 so we can buy a bigger camping trailer in the future. We liked one and we just may buy it, how exciting! If everything works out and we do decide to buy this truck we’ll keep our popup trailer for a couple more years and then upgrade to a full sized one.
After visiting a bunch of dealers I decided to make something quick but none the less yummy. I made a baked zucchini and tomato skillet. This tasty skillet dinner makes a great vegetable side dish, although I had a giant bowl all on it’s own.
- 1 small eggplant Chinese sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large heavy cast iron works great heat olive oil until hot on medium heat. Add onions and garlic saute for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Turn heat to med- low and add diced tomatoes, oregano, fresh rosemary and crushed red pepper flakes. Simmer on low until tomatoes cook down a little, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the sliced eggplant and zucchinis. Making sure you cover them in the tomatoes and onions.
- Cover with foil. Place in 350 F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and give a good shake, and bake uncovered for additional 15 minutes.
- Top with vegan parmesan cheese (optional)