Hi everyone, happy Friday. Well I should say happy rain day. It has rained all day, but it didn’t stop me having a good day. Started the day at the gym with some interval training. I’m trying to mix up my training at the gym. I sometimes get in a rut of doing the same thing, I love spinning and running but I need to incorporate more weight training. I find this difficult because I’m not sure I know what I’m doing. I try to watch the trainers in the gym and what they do with their clients and try the same things. Having a trainer is just not in my budget, but one can try their best without one.
For lunch I had this great salad with a lot of my favorite ingredients, avocado, olives and artichokes. I used canned artichokes in this salad, not the ones marinated in oil because there is oil in the salad dressing. I used stuffed manzanilla olives but other varieties can be used.
- 1 can (14fl oz) artichoke hearts(not marinated)
- 14 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ⅓ cup stuffed Manzanilla olives
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes shredded
- 3 shallots sliced
- ½ avocado sliced
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Drain artichokes. place artichokes, tomatoes, olives, sun dried tomatoes, shallots and avocado in a large salad bowl.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small mason jar and place lid on and shake together. the dressing ingredients can also be whisked together in a bowl.
- Pour over salad and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Salad can be served as is or serve on a bed of greens.