A very hot day out there today, with the thermometer reaching a high of around 35C. I couldn’t go for my regular bike ride today since I got a flat tire last night while on a bike ride. I need Philip to change the tire cause I don’t know how to do that, I guess I should learn how. I went for a 10km run instead early this morning before it came too hot. My very thoughtful Philip came home from work with an inatube for my bike, Yeh! That means a nice bike ride after dinner, again once it cools down.
It was too hot to spend a lot of time in the kitchen today or have any ovens on, so another quick salad was made. Salads are the only thing I want to eat when it’s hot and sticky out. This apple and raisin salad is dressed in a tahini dressing. No nasty mayo or commercial salad dressing used here. This salad can used as a side dish or as a large entree salad.
- 2 red delicious apples cubed
- 3 carrots shredded
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 2 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoon agave syrup
- 5 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- In a small bowl, whisk your dressing ingredients together.
- Place chopped apples, raisins, celery and carrots in a bowl.
- Toss with dressing and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.